Celestron Accessory Kit
|Price:||$129.98 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
(102 customer reviews)
Celestron Accessory Kit
- Size: 2 GB
- Brand: Celestron
- Model: 94303
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 5.70" h x 11.70" w x 13.20" l, .50 pounds
- Battery type: Lithium Ion
- Five superior grade Plossl eyepieces, all fully multi-coated for maximum contrast and resolution
- 2x, 1.25-inch Barlow lens gives you a total of ten power combinations
- Six colored eyepiece (planetary) filters
- 1.25-inch Moon filter provides maximum enjoyment of the moon especially during the brighter phases
- Items in this kit are valued at over $700.00 if purchased separately
From the Manufacturer
The Celestron Accessory Kit contains:
- Five superior-grade 1.25-inch Plössl eyepieces: Four-element design with a 52-degree AFOV, superb color, resolution, edge sharpness, and clarity. All eyepieces are fully multicoated for maximum contrast and resolution. Supplied eyepiece sizes: 6mm, 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, and 32mm.
- Barlow 2X lens: Complements the Plössl eyepieces and gives you a total of 10 power combinations. The highest-grade glass optics with fully multicoated lenses are used, so there is no degradation of image.
- Six colored eyepiece (planetary) filters: Included are Kodak Wratten Nos. 12, 21, 25, 56, 58A, and 80A. Since all the eyepieces necessary to study the planets and moon in detail are provided, these filters will greatly enhance your enjoyment of the solar system.
- Moon filter: A neutral-density filter that allows you maximum enjoyment of the moon, especially during the brighter phases.
- Aluminum carrying case: This sturdy and well-built case fits all of the above items in its die-cut foam interior with room for additional accessories.
Most helpful customer reviews
75 of 78 people found the following review helpful.
By Michael J. Edelman
While the supplied eyepieces aren't of the same quality of, say, TeleVue plossls, they are nonetheless good generic symmetricals (most "plossls" are not true Plossls) of the sort that would ordinarily cost you about twice what this set sells for- and you get filters and a case, to boot! The whole set would typically sell for about three times what Celestron is asking here. I'd recommend this set, along with a good 6" Dobsonian reflector from Celestron or another quality vendor, as an excellent beginner's outfit. If you already have a decent beginner's scope that takes 1-1/4" eyepieces, this set will provide you with all the eyepieces you're likely to need for some time.
36 of 36 people found the following review helpful.
Excellent price / quality ratio
After many years spent without gazing at the stars I finally made my move again and bought a new Nexstar 114. It came with 2 basic eyepieces. This kit looked like a nice addition, for a fair price.
I received the kit quickly, well this is Amazon... The case, as said before in other review, is sturdy and well designed. It is very convenient to carry around, and you don't have to worry about damaging your eyepieces at all. I found it very nice being able to carry all eyepieces at once, and leave the case a few feet away from my observation location, in order to grab elements I need.
The set features some extra space inside, and you can fit another 3 eyepieces. Eyepieces are of good quality. Not top of the line, yet they provide a crisp and clear view. The barlow lens is well built as well. I found the larger eyepiece (the 4mm one) to be of average quality, especially when used with the barlow lens.
Filter are well chosen and give you a good range of choices. I found the moon filter not dark enough to my taste, but it still does a nice job.
Overall, the born-again star gazer that I am is very satisfied of this very good investment.
42 of 43 people found the following review helpful.
Celestron Accessory Kit great bargain
By robert midiri
I purchased this kit in November. I have over 20 years experience in using telescopes and eyepieces. These eyepieces are a great bargain. Through my 4" fluorite I have used the high power 4mm and 6mm plossl's from this kit with very sharp and contrasty views of Jupiter. Highly recommended